Which types of brain food for exams should someone take while preparing for an exam? This has been a major concern for many students. The major thing that people do not factor in is their digestive system. Any food you consume should be well digested so as to achieve the most from it otherwise it may harm you. Therefore if you are a student, you should go for foods that can be easily digested and are high in vitamins, minerals and other crucial components.Also note that the brain is obviously the main organ which is used during an exam, so people studying for exams should eat foods that will stimulate the brain.
Listed below are some brain food for exams which are effective when studying for that big test.
– Oatmeal, breads that are whole grain, cereals, popcorn and brown rice increase blood flow towards the brain. Wholegrain meals and cereals have vitamin B6, while wheat germ is high in thiamine that assists in memory improvement.
– Fish found in cold water such as salmon and tuna are good sources of omega 3 which enhances energy, improves learning capability, enhances problem tackling skills, improves memory, and boosts communication in the cells found in the brain.
– Do not forget about eggs, they are rich in vitamin B, eggs also offer crucial fatty acids to the brain. The yolk contains choline that assists in memory boost.Try for free range eggs.
– Red meat and liver contain dietary oil that is crucial in supplying the brain with oxygen so that it can function normally.
– Most people do not like consuming foods that contain oil but organic and plant oils offer the needed memory boost and fatty acids to the brain. You can easily get these oils from olive and flax seed.
– You should not leave out green vegetables in your diet. They also boost memory.
– Fruits that are colored such as water melon, apples, and oranges help one to remember things easily.
– Chocolate has been said to promote verbal and visual memory and enhance impulse control and the reaction moment. Dark chocolate enhances blood flow to the brain and enhances cognitive abilities.
– Beans are high in antioxidants, iron and other essential nutrients that assist in maintaining blood sugar levels and also make the brain more active.
– Green tea and black tea enhances the brain.
– Dairy products such as milk, yogurt and cheese are known to enhance alertness and memory.
– Carbohydrates are also known to offer a soothing sensation to the brain. But you should consume it without proteins present so as to get maximum benefit from them.
Just remember, what you eat does not only affect your body but also your brain. So to perform well get rid of that packet of potato chips and consume the right kind of brain food for exams, your results will benefit from it.